Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from PA! Just joined!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from PA! Just joined!

Hello everyone, I'm excited to join the forums! I've been a long time admirer of carnivorous plants but I've never owned one until now. Unfortunately most of the reason I joined is because I need help with it, lol. I've been googling and researching care of various plants and naturally I keep getting conflicting information and wanted a place to interact with people who had experience and tips. <3 I can't wait to see everyone's plants and set ups, etc. I have a couple houseplants but mostly I garden outside, herbs and veggies and the like. A few roses as well, but my local nursery suddenly had a couple carnivorous plants and I panic bought one thinking that I'd never get the chance again and it is my favorite carnivorous plant, the Sundew!

A nice chilly 42 degrees out today, with 41% humidity! <3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! If you're anywhere near Morgantown, WV I'm here! Wouldn't be surprised if there were a few growers lurking in Pittsburgh either.
    How can gravity be so strong if it doesn't even lift?
    >Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/gr...-growlist.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at the other end of the Commonwealth, outside Philadelphia. Welcome to TF!
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome it's so nice to meet you guys! I'm in bucks county, I'm about 40mins - 1hr outside of philly

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome to have you here! Do you know what kind of sundew you've got? If you're not sure and can put up a photo, there's a good chance we can all walk you through the basics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplantman View Post
    Awesome to have you here! Do you know what kind of sundew you've got? If you're not sure and can put up a photo, there's a good chance we can all walk you through the basics.
    Thank you! I'm glad to be a part of this forum! I actually posted in the sundew forum for help (link to the thread: here) And someone said it was a D. Capensis ^.^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apothecaria View Post
    Awesome it's so nice to meet you guys! I'm in bucks county, I'm about 40mins - 1hr outside of philly
    I spent my high school years in Richboro, when a guy could shoot a groundhog off of his front porch without attracting much attention!
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF! We lived in Wyomissing for 5 years.