12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much light is the plant getting?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's about seven inches away from 4 t5ho bulbs set to a 8.5 hour photoperiod

- - - Updated - - -

It once was growing very fast (actually the light was about an inch further away then), putting out a leaf every few days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need new bulbs. That plant is so light starved that it's not even recognizable as D.ramellosa. That media is obviously no good. Carefully repot that plant into a mix of about 4 parts sand to 1 part peat and get it under more appropriate lighting a.s.a.p. Tuberous Drosera also need to be fed heavily while in active growth, I prefer to use Maxsea or orchid fertilizers at least once a week.

Here is a thread that I started on here for the care and cultivation of Tuberous Drosera that may help you out.
    Tuberous Drosera

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no! Well I'm glad I got advice before I screwed things up further. Is it possible that it is looking etoliated because it needs to be fed more? I am not sure how often "often" is for tuberous drosera, so I would feed it a bit of beta food every few weeks. I don't know if it is the bulb's fault, as they are much brighter than my T8's and I am growing Heliamphora and South American Sundews under those T8's and they are looking good with plenty of coloration. So for now I am just bringing the lights down as close as I can, the other drosera under it do not seem etoliated, do tuberous Drosera need and exceptional amount of light compared to others, such as pygmies?

Also, I do have Maxsea 16-16-16, should I used a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon mix, or do you recommend something else?
    Last edited by Benurmanii; 12-27-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, would it be better to try to get it back on its feet before repotting it? Or would it be better off in a better media asap?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TC forums! I can see your going to get a lot of expert advice from the members here.
    I just joined, as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234