Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello From Hayward , California

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ambitious plans indeed! Please post your progress. I will be interested in hearing about it.
    - Mark

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm excited to follow you on this project! It all sounds very exciting, I've thought about trying TC, I'm just mainly concerned about how much room I (don't) have for it. Do you have any photos of your previous CP projects?
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have 1 or two. It was 20 years ago. It all ended in one day, The Cops raided my house and stole everything they could get. Smashed a 3k anilitical balance.They had no idea what the equipment was and that made them very angry. I fell into a very bad depression that lasted for years. Time has repaired most of the wounds. Peter D Amato knows me, he didn't want to buy 5 cent flytraps. Chuck Powell knows me. Joe Mazrimas envited me to his green house it gave me Cp Tissue culture fever. As for the cops, there is no such thing as a Laboratory that doesn't make drugs. I have never been charged with a crime in my life.
    Last edited by davidbrown; 02-02-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Geeze, what a story! Luckily for all of us, all cops are not like that. I'm not sure why any nursery wouldn't want to work with someone offering prices like that, I've been trying to find someone that does TC to work with for years!
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrap a thousand test tubes by hand with parafilm,see if you still want to tissue culture. The answer for me was yes.After the third thousand TC was impossible, hands were numb and useless, so I invented the test tube wrapper. I should post a pic of my test tube wrapper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody knew Peter had a sweet heart deal with a tissue culturist back east. 20 years ago, His price for a mature flytrap was 45 dollars. There was some anticancer properties in Flytraps, and He wouldn't dare see a 5 cent flytrap anywhere in the market place. I have bought a lot of tuberous Drosera seeds. Peter is selling them for 24$ to 28$ they are 2 inched tall. He has always been like that. At 2.40 apiece I would be thrilled to sell mine.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TC culture, also in the bay area? Nice!

I will be more than happy to follow your project too and read any advices / tips / protocols you may have and are willing to share.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will always be problems in tissue culture there will always be answers and solutions to the problems nothing is impossible. Some things that you will need to buy nobody is selling. You must make them or not go forward.Disclaimer, Tissue Culture can kill. Can you identify contamination? How to identify and safely dispose pathogens . Even with a guide (me) It will be a long journey. You will need time and space. You will need the root of all evil, money,No not for me, to buy or make what you need. You must have love in your heart as a fuel for imaginition. Money can't be your God, it is a heavy burden. For me it is an endless journey. May you have great joy and not suffer the agony of defeat. Your plant creations are a new currency. Even kids can buy your plants. You crossed the finish line. One man's opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast