What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to the CP world but have been growing bonsai trees, orchids, air plants, and miniature gardens for approximately 8 years. I am currently growing Heliamphora, Nepenthes, Pinguicula, Utricularia, Drosera, and Cephalotus plants. I think it is safe to say that I am addicted to growing these beautiful plants :).

I have been gleaning the knowledge to care for carnivorous plants from forums such as this, and I have finally decided to join the community. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and I look forward to joining in the conversations.

I plan on posting my grow list soon.

Mona.

That's quite a list for someone "fairly new" to CP's, the only genus's left are Sarraceni, aldrovanda and dionea (venus fly trap).

Hi Curtis,

I actually have both Sarracenia and Dionea plants but have not been focused on them as they are currently dormant and just forgot to list them :). The information that I have gotten from the forums have allowed me to be very successful with growing CPs, and frankly, I just love them. Right now, the tropical Pinguiculas are my favorite.

In that case, you only have aldrovanda left. You might want to look into them If you have an old aquarium lying around.

Welcome to the forums! That's quite a nice list of plants you have there. Looking forward to you posting on them!

Welcome to TF! Perhaps we can do some trading of plants. My strong suit are the Mexican butterworts. I actually have Aldrovanda. I'm looking to rebuild the bladderworts.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome. I too am building my collection so most of my plants are young. However, when I am able, I would love to consider trading with you. I will post pictures of my collection as soon as I figure out how to do so :-))

I have not looked into Aldrovandas so have no idea how to care for them.

Thank you for sharing the pictures of your plants.

Mona

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for
the welcome. I need to figure out how to post picture to the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Curtis.

I may just do that.

Last edited:
I use Photobucket. They provide a variety of tabs to accommodate forums like this, as opposed to Email, or something like Facebook. For this forum, one would highlight the one for img to copy it and then the icon for 'insert image' (3rd from the right)m to paste the image code for that photo.

- - - Updated - - -

Aldrovandas can be persnickety, but I've managed to get through all 4 seasons, twice, now. I use pond water from a local outfall, in a fish tank, with U. gibba and 'companion plants'.

Picture001-25.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Trying post a picture

Last edited:
IMG_20160321_182017_zpsrqufljqb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finally:banana2:

I will take better pictures of the individual shelves soon. I am just trying to figure out how to post pictures.

Mona

Utricularias, Mexican Pinguiculas, Heliamphoras, Pygmy Drosera.

Last edited:
New Petiolaris Tank

IMG_20160321_182719_zpsw1udwbok.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20160321_181842_zpsgqjbxkbq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nepenthes, Drosera, Cephalotus, Utricularia Grow Rack

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20160321_182229_zpsxvl2qjb3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sarracenias

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20160321_182447_zpsomtnwi6q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Orchids, Ferns, Tillandsias, Misc. Plants

I thought I had a big plant collection.

Boy was I wrong.

P.s. where did you get that grow tent?

Hmm.. no grow tent, only open wire racks.

Oh, yeah, I looked at those photos a second time and saw that it was shrink wrap, not a grow tent, sorry.

Hi Curtis,

The shrink wrap helps to increase the humidity while allowing me to still be able to readily view the plants.

Mona

"Like'

Hi Mona.

I just joined this forum. I thought you may be interested to know we have a Northeast Ohio Carnivorous Plant group you are welcome to join. Check us out aftge link below. :)

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just sent a request to join.

Back