Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curtis, I decided that you were right and I should simply give in to my impending CP habit and get a pitcher plant. The one I chose seems to be a plain Jane sarracenia, the label said Sarracenia sp., which I was unable to find further information on. Here's a photo:

http://rs1268.pbsrc.com/albums/jj572...h=480&fit=clip

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like you have a Sarracenia purpurea (I think ssp. purpurea) there, though being unlabeled it could very well be a hybrid.

Greetings from the netherworld. curtisconners's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely got purpurea genes in it. Give it care like that of your vft and it should do fine. Good luck with your new addicti.... errrr, hobby.
    The profile pic that you see above is my actual photo. I am a hyper-intelligent snake that has learned to use the internet and I will eventually rule you all.

Just kidding..... Or am I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the help and encouragement! One last question and I'll leave you alone for a bit- some care sheets for sarracenia say to use only LFS for medium and others say to use the peat mix as well- what do you think? I've got enough of both leftover to do either

Greetings from the netherworld. curtisconners's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both should work well, but I've been using a 50:50 peat to sand mixture for my sarracenia. Straight lfs is OK for most bog CP's, such as sarracenia and temperate sundews.
    The profile pic that you see above is my actual photo. I am a hyper-intelligent snake that has learned to use the internet and I will eventually rule you all.

Just kidding..... Or am I?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123