Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Far Nor Cal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi from Far Nor Cal

Hi i thought I'd introduce myself, I'm JellyMama and i got into carnivorous plants a little over a year ago when my husband bought me a drosera spatulata. I'm currently growing a Darlingtonia, which ive had since last March, 4 Sarracenia's, 2 of which i only got last Friday, and a Drosera Capensis. I will try to post some pictures of my plants soon. Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Greetings from the netherworld. curtisconners's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum
    You might want to look into venus fly traps, they're care is virtually identical to d. capensis. Just provide it with a dormancy like your sarracenia.
    The profile pic that you see above is my actual photo. I am a hyper-intelligent snake that has learned to use the internet and I will eventually rule you all.

Just kidding..... Or am I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'd like to try a Venus Flytrap, i think im going to get one next time i order plants, I had one last year, but it wasn't getting enough sunlight and didn't make it. Right now my plants are getting about 5 hours of direct sun and I wasn't sure if that was enough for flytraps.

Greetings from the netherworld. curtisconners's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That should be good. vft's like as much sun as possible, but if your sarracenia are doing well, then so should vft's.
    The profile pic that you see above is my actual photo. I am a hyper-intelligent snake that has learned to use the internet and I will eventually rule you all.

Just kidding..... Or am I?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Southern California. Any CPs in nature in your neighborh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Darlingtonia not too far north from where I'm at, I'm hoping to go see some this summer. We also have some Sundews, and Utricularia in the area that I really want to go see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyMama View Post
    We have Darlingtonia not too far north from where I'm at, I'm hoping to go see some this summer. We also have some Sundews, and Utricularia in the area that I really want to go see.
    I envy you. I visited the Smith River at the top end of California and saw two fantastic spots having all three: Darlingtonia, Pinguicula macroceras, and Drosera rotundifolia. If these were in my neighborhood I would be out there feeding them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast