User Tag List

Thread: LTB Drosera capensis varities

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LTB Drosera capensis varities

Hello everyone, I'm looking for verified varieties of capensis seeds (or live plant, seeds preferred).
    I'd be willing to pay reasonably for the following varieties/locality/genre.

Drosera capensis-- Paul Debbert Munich Germany "Giant".
    Drosera capensis-- Bain's Kloof
    Drosera capensis-- Vogelgat Nature Reserve
    Drosera capensis--"All red" Gifburg locality, or extremely dark red plant from cultivation.
    Drosera capensis-- "Compact Rosette"

Any interesting forms, the ones listed, or other plants you could tell me about I would consider. I'll need some given evidence that the plant is actually that form, whether the evidence is pictures of mother plant, receipts from credible nurseries/importers. etc. I'm willing to compromise.

These will be used in a cultivation effort to understand the different growth and plant characteristics among the varities/localities/genres.

Further efforts (by me) will be made to cross these plants to result in new/ different variations.
    Last edited by David F; 11-27-2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a nice clump vogelgat reserve variety you can have. If you ever get the compact rosette variety let me in on it too 8)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry millipede, I was going to get the compact rosette, it was in the shopping cart and everything from a European source, unfortunately the cost of bringing in seeds was extravagant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested to see how this all goes and will be following. The Bains Kloof looks awesome, I want one now too. I have a capensis "All Red", will let you know if it flowers.
    Last edited by Randoja; 11-27-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Randoja, this project has put up a surprising pretty penny, but most of it went towards the terrarium they'll be growing in.

I do need more "All Red" seeds for sure!!

I'll have extremely limited Blains Kloof, that's one of the plants I'll be mass propagating after the growth observation is done after a year-2 years.

The sticky ones are my favorite. Tacks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some D. capensis red form seeds. I've been feeding mine a lot while it flowered so it's not super red right now, but it gets extremely deep red in good light with less food.

I've also got 2 small D. capensis Baineskloof plants. I'll be feeding them up a lot in the next month or two. I could get you a leaf cutting sometime after the first of the year, or a plantlet a bit after that. I realize that that's a little while from now, but it's an option if you're interested. Hit me up on PMs if you wanna chat further.