Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Datura & Brugmansia growers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe yep, sorry about that. I was about to start a similar thread when I noticed this one in the suggested links part...Didn't notice the date.

I prefer datura as well. There is at least one brugmansia in almost every garden here and some of the are basically trees. I don't have the space for that. Besides I like how datura has a wilder, more weedy look; I have a thing for wild flowers, even the weeds.

I think mine is an Inoxia judging from the pictures, I can't wait for the first bloom...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm partial to Brugmansia myself, especially cultivars like 'Incan Sun' that nearly bloom continually instead of in waves like 'Equador Pink.' They are very heavy drinkers, and heavy feeders too, but those great big fragrant flowers are so impressive, I can't resist!
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argh, I'm very very disappointed...Unfortunately my datura has dropped the flower buds. I made some research and apparently it might happen due to lack of sunlight, excessive watering or high temperatures. I think in my case it's over-watering because I've been watering it twice a week without waiting for a dry up and it dropped the buds a few hours after I watered...

New buds are growing of course but I was so looking forward to those buds opening, they were the biggest so far. Hope this is a lesson learnt...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so in love with this plant ! It has such beautiful fragrance, crazy...Too bad the flower lasted only 2 days.

Got my first seedpod as well, can't wait to sow these fresh seeds. I learnt a lesson though, the plant has a large root system and needs a really big pot to thrive.

By the way, I was so obsessed with it that I actually started to make a drawing of it It's not finished yet though, looks like it'll be a while before I can finish it...
    The things obsession can do to you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    put it in the biggest pot you can get and water it with gals of water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful <3 I have a dozen datura varieties of seeds to try out..can't wait for them to be mature enough to bloom one day...I think i may have a single species of brugmansia..however those haven't been sown yet either :/ Nice job (i know, i know, it's an older thread, but i still like it! )
    Check out my gardening journal and progress on MyFolia , my trade list at Google Docs and I look forward to learning and sharing plant knowledge!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seeds of the double purple, I think the white like you have there, and in Datura the peachtone. It looks cool, the flowers when they start to open make you think they are going to be yellow and then turn to peach as they open. I may have the yellow Datura somewhere and/or seeds. If you want a cutting of the peach, sing out! Another plant with seed pods on it now I think is the Brug in a darker yellow/almost brown.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opps, just saw the Turkey thing. Might be a problem to ship to you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast