Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Datura & Brugmansia growers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've shipped seeds to many different countries via swaps the last several months, and not only had no issues but been encouraged my my post office clerks lol..its pricey..but takes only a few minutes to fill out the customs slipped labeled "seed packets"...
    Check out my gardening journal and progress on MyFolia , my trade list at Google Docs and I look forward to learning and sharing plant knowledge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any one have any brugmansia cuttings they can shear, used to grow them but lost them one cold night when I was very sick and could not bring them inside
    love the red or yellow ones also the orange

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a few brug cuttings from a local grower and they rooted in 1 week and have doubled in size in a second week , just had to re pot them to a 1 gal pot , , next week they probably will need a 5 gal pot
    I will probably have some cutting to share in June , nice ones also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maxima that drawing is beautiful! I need to draw more plants! Mickey, did that cutting I sent you ever make it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent work Maxima!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is still alive but has not rooted yet, still hopeful, but I found a local breeder that gave me a bunch of cuttings and seed to grow , the cuttings I got 2 weeks ago where 6" tall and now they are 2'tall and I needed to transplant them into 1 gal pots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a ton of cuttings and will do a trade or giveaway latter in the summer, some of the ones I got are rare pm me if you have any interest in getting some

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, thank you for the kind words. By the way pearldiver successfully sent many seeds to me recently, so thanks to him as well.

After that last photo I transplanted into a huge pot and kept it in full sun. Soon it got so large that it was overshadowing everything else but the fragrance was totally worth it.
    The problem is that the root system gets so large, you need to literally water/feed every day or it starts declining. At the end of the season when I dug it out, it was all root and no soil. This plant really needs a garden. Due to space issues I couldn't transplant the original plant but I am now continuing with the seeds I collected last summer. (If you want seeds and if your country doesn't require permits like mine, then PM me and I can send you a batch or two)

Anyway here are photos from last summer. Cat photo is obligatory of course

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast