What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arisaema griffithii stalled in neutral

About a month or two ago I received the largest Arisaema griffithii bulb I've ever seen (in books or otherwise). I potted it in a 16" diameter clay pot in a fast draining mix of almost pure bark and leaf mould. It had started a nub when I planted it so assumed it would emerge soon I finally dug down an the nub had grown some and then stopped. I haven't dug farther to see if it's formed roots yet. Does the nub need light to progress further or more moisture?

If you're familiar with this species I'd like to hear how you grow it esp. if you grow in containers.

I think they are similar to amorphophallus. I grow some arisaema i have lots of typicals and some other one that i forget which one i planted but it has a bud on it so i can prolly identify it. But i think they dont need much water until the bulb starts to grow roots otherwise like amorphs they rot unless they have roots to drink the water. I am not sure but they are relative plants. I think they grow when they want possibly more light would encourage it. Hope this helps.

Hi, yup they're Aroids just like Amorphophallus (I believe this variety of A. griffithii is the largest flower of the genus Arisaema) but I was just curious about what's happening with my bulb. The nose does not seem to be elongating after exposing it to light for a week or two but it hasn't dessicated yet either) so I covered it back up today.
Can't wait to see this flower!
smile_n_32.gif

Back