Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banana Tree

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mabudon good luck. Just be sure to mulch it good in the winter and the roots will go dorment, but come spring it will start to grow again.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad cloudy weathre means NO pic, but today is finally looking nice, so here's hoping just before he goes into the ground I can snap one- there IS another shoot coming out at the base (basal shoot I guess??) and the top appears to be splitting in 2 as well so I will maybe take a cutting of some sort to ensure we don't lose the species, just a plant

And I forgot to comment on Swords' little tale- LMAO I love how being a particular type of "geek" makes so many odd things totally hilarious- I, too, can't help but criticise fake plants whenever I see's em (like "why would you grow Sansiveria in LFS fer crying out loud?!?!?" and other such observations) and for some reason the really realistic ones make me mad when I have to look extra hard to discover they're phony... which I guess, means that at least the fakes are getting better, but still, most of the stuff that IS faked is stuff that would be SIMPLE to actually grow- you never see fake Neps or Orchids, always junk (and not like I'm calling the plants themselves "junk" per se, I like 'em too) like pothos and sansiveria and Banana and Rubber plants, stuff that would practically not need any light OR water in a humid enough environment and would ACTUALLY make oxygen and stuff rather than just look CHEAP

Whew had to get that out
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musa basjoo i grow here and it goes down to about 0 deggrees. It comes back every year and if the winter isnt bad it sometimes just has some freeze damage like this year.
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's in the ground and looking alright so far, and we've got a 2 year-old seedgrown backup in case it don't make it through the winter, but we will do everything we can to make it as safe as possible, thanks again for all the input!!
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12