What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lavender

someone from work handed me a potter lavender to keep. i know nothing about it except that it has a very strong scent. can you guys please give me some info on how to take care of this plant?

I had a bunch of lavender in my garden last year, and it was really easy to grow. I was never successful keeping it in a pot, so I would suggest sticking it in the ground. It was one of the few herbs that I had that enjoyed the full super hot afternoon sun. All the other herbs I tried to plant in that one area of my bed really struggled or died because of the sun. I don't use fertilizer, so really I just watered the bed whenever it looked like it needed it. All that said, it died in the end. No matter how hardy a plant is, nothing is hardy enough to survive a German Shepherd puppy. I have a blackberry bush too. We had just pruned it back, and it was developing buds when she tore the bush off at the stump about a foot from the ground. Now we have a foot long blackberry stump sticking out of the ground which we are hoping will grow back into a bush. So...crazy puppies aside....your lavender should do great. Good luck.

Back