What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mushrooms

I think two of those are the same.

I hear they grow well in cow manure.

xvart.

yea the last two. Almost all mushrooms grow well in cow manure, but My friend used brow rice flour, you can use this same recipe for almost any kind of mushroom.

I have an interest in shrtooms like edibles like oysters I want to inculnate wodel dowels then put them into logs is thyat hard?

Badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM!

Snaaaake! Snaaaaek! OOOOhh it's a snaaaaake!

Oh come on I'm sure someone else has seen that lol.

I used to grow ****akes - my mycelium died back and got all funky after the second bloom, sadly, but then I tossed it into our composter and it came back for a season. Didn't have the guts to try the ones from the compost; too many neighborhood cats if you catch my drift. ****akes are pretty good, but portabellos are where it's at so far as I'm concerned.
~Joe

PS - Bah, accursed profanity filter!

Badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM!

Snaaaake! Snaaaaek! OOOOhh it's a snaaaaake!

Oh come on I'm sure someone else has seen that lol.

never ending maddness!!! its funny though!

I want to grow the bioluminescent ones, one day it'll happen. Just need to be able to cheaply make my own medium.

dude check out spore works, they sell the stuff, medium is easy, almost ALL mushrooms will grow mycelium on verm and brown rice powder. Once you get a culture its cheep to keep it going for years.

jm82792-
its just easier to start your own little cultures. get some verm and brown rice, pressure cook it inoculate it with a Liquid culture... well it sounds complicated but once you get the terms down its like driving.

I flipped a golf cart on my dog once. I'd probably blow up the house trying to grow a mushroom.

Morels are good.

It would be neat if like, the spores entered my brain and I had mushrooms in my brain.

JLAP you obviously have to much time tonight, you are spamming just a little more than usual.

Any ways morels are just now being able to be cultivated but its hard, like getting your own culture started. Unless you have the space.

growing mushrooms is easy. Can be done with just a few items and time.. I haven't grown any in a while but i have had several grows in the past...
and the best source for spores is from Ralph..
http://www.ralphstersspores.com/

of course you can always find a local mushroom (edible or not), and make your own spores for free

mushrooms in photos are Z strain i think
z3.jpg

z1.jpg

z6.jpg

Cool pictures. I actually just bought a mushroom encyclopedia at Border's for around $7, and it's proving to be full of very interesting material. Perhaps I'll try growing some mushrooms someday, but for now I'm content with carnivorous plants, ferns and orchids!

:nono:

I have mushrooms that sprouted up in my terarrium (first lizards now 'shrooms), the soil is orchid bark and cocofiber. This morning here was two blueish white ones about 2 Inches tall and 1/2" caps

I notice even the name shee-talkie mushrooms is getting snagged by the censors. ;)

Losfreddy, or you can just take some tissue (in a glove box or if you have a Flowhood) from the inside of the shroom put it on some aggar, and so on and so forth. Thats how some people will get good fruiting cultures, and store their new sub strain.

Back