Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Honeyball bush?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honeyball bush?

Hi everyone, i was going to get some seeds to grow this plant and was wondering how to start the seeds. Do they have to be stratified? if so how? like cp seeds? I would also appreciate any info you have reguarding growing, germinating, care, etc. most of the websites i find just have a brief description, and are for selling purposes so i can't find much info on them, thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I consider myself (rightly or wrongly) at least somewhat knowledgeable on ornamental woody plants. That being said, I have no idea what plant you are asking abouuu… oh! Buttonbush! Google finds alternate common names. I do not know about germination- you should try several methods. Stratifying would be needed, I think. Given its habitat, what you are thinking of may be the best choice, try some as you do cp' seeds and some as you do other seeds.

This native shrub is found mostly in wet areas (swamp, right next to streams) and can even be found growing right out of the water in some places. So, no matter how wet a planting area is this plant should do fine. It will also tolerate normal soil conditions, but dry areas and should be avoided. Watering during droughts is a good idea.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, i can find a lot more info when i look up buttonbush, i got these seeds in a trade and it they were called honeyball bush seeds, yes from another forum they said the seeds would have to be stratified, so i put them in with my cp seeds, of course in a separate bag and all, thanks again for the info