What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Mass MORELS for a reason!!

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
Hunted for about an hour today and found 78 nice sized whites and grays!! Picked about 30 in a 10ft. area at the first spot I looked in. The morels are getting bigger and bigger everyday I go out. I would ask if anyone wants to trade for some fresh morels, but these 2Lbs. sold for $100 in a half an hour.
If you want to get in on the next haul.. PM me.

Here's the highlights..

100_3454.jpg

100_3455.jpg

100_3456.jpg

100_3491.jpg

100_3494.jpg

100_3496.jpg

100_3500.jpg

100_3504.jpg

100_3506.jpg

100_3509.jpg

100_3514.jpg

100_3520.jpg

100_3526.jpg

100_3527.jpg

:drool:

Mmmmmmmmm......... Mmmmmmmorels!

They make KILLER sauce!

They make killer EVERYTHING!! I figured you'd be hitting me up for some fresh one's by now.

Ah,
Thar' be fungus among us!
:boogie:

Niiiiiiice. You should put a few of those in the Auction, I know some people that'd bid some real moollah for something like that ;) Looks yummy!

I finally had the chance to cook with those morels you traded me: made a crimini, button, morel, and portabello mushrooms with artichoke hearts kind of stir-fry (just in olive oil and soy sauce) and um...hot diggety it's tasty!

Don't forget: most people don't get vitamin D because they use lots of sunscreen and have day-jobs, both of which are good things. Don't worry though, because mushrooms are an excellent source of vitamin D, which is very useful for maintaining a healthy immune system, so eat lots and lots of them!

I finally had the chance to cook with those morels you traded me: made a crimini, button, morel, and portabello mushrooms with artichoke hearts kind of stir-fry (just in olive oil and soy sauce) and um...hot diggety it's tasty!

Don't forget: most people don't get vitamin D because they use lots of sunscreen and have day-jobs, both of which are good things. Don't worry though, because mushrooms are an excellent source of vitamin D, which is very useful for maintaining a healthy immune system, so eat lots and lots of them!

The fresh one's are SOOOOoooo much better!

Niiiiiiice. You should put a few of those in the Auction, I know some people that'd bid some real moollah for something like that ;) Looks yummy!

That's actually not a bad idea. I'll look into doing that after my next hunt..

:drool: This thread makes me hungry

Glad you use a net holding bag! Some people use stuff so the spores can't escape and that makes me mad!

Also, it's funny that this is in the miscellaneous plant section.

I only use certified 'Spore Boy' bags.. And I always cut the morels off at the stem. I never pull them out of the ground or bring home dirt. That way I can always count on them regrowing the following year.

Where would you have put it? In the general chat?

Well... It's not exactly a plant, is it? ???

Well... It's not exactly a plant, is it? ???

plant
[plant, plahnt]
–noun
1. any member of the kingdom Plantae, comprising multicellular organisms that typically produce their own food from inorganic matter by the process of photosynthesis and that have more or less rigid cell walls containing cellulose, including vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, and hornworts: some classification schemes may include fungi, algae, bacteria, blue-green algae, and certain single-celled eukaryotes that have plantlike qualities, as rigid cell walls or photosynthesis.

MM, I would LOVE to "hit you up' for some more.

But, man, you already got most of my stuff, LOL!

Maybe I can arrange something.

fungi don't make their own food. they don't do photosynthesis. And they do not have cellulose in their cell walls (oddly it is chitin like insects). There are times I almost wonder if they are more closely related to animals than plants. Arthropods and nematodes produce chitin....... maybe they are all related somehow back in the primordial ooze of creation.....

fungi don't make their own food. they don't do photosynthesis. And they do not have cellulose in their cell walls (oddly it is chitin like insects). There are times I almost wonder if they are more closely related to animals than plants. Arthropods and nematodes produce chitin....... maybe they are all related somehow back in the primordial ooze of creation.....

dude.. I'm just going by what the dictionary says. But in either case, does it really matter where the morel posts go? :crazy:

MM, I would LOVE to "hit you up' for some more.

But, man, you already got most of my stuff, LOL!

Maybe I can arrange something.

They will be MUCH cheaper this time around since you'd be a repeat buyer.. :hail:

pS.. the P.gigantea is putting up another rather large flower.

just messing with you guy. Just never did like that definition.....

damn bank can be made with that! I wonder where I can get morells here in SD to sell

damn bank can be made with that! I wonder where I can get morells here in SD to sell

Lot's of morels to be picked in the woods of No.Cal.

Back