What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New miracle fruit plant!

Sig

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes
I first tried growing miracle fruit may-june-ish of 2009 with seeds. I have one seedling remaining from that, with about ten leaves (very slow growing plant). I also bought a bear root larger plant from thailand, which is currently a twig in a pot. Apparently the bear root shipping was a big cause of its death, so I wasn't going to do that again.

Yesterday I received a new miracle fruit plant from blackrivernursery.com because I know the seller and what I'm actually getting. It's a one foot tall plant that's about three years old and it came potted so no transplant shock for me! I have it in my grow area where it receives indirect sun all day with a T8 4 foot bulb ten inches above it. It needs high humidity so it's in a plant humidity bag with a tray of pebbles and water next to it in the bag. No flower buds as of yet but it's in a small pot for its size and I'm going to repot it soon, and hopefully will then get fruit.

Plant in its packaging
sy8jds.jpg

Unpacked!
f0oitc.jpg

In its new home, hopefully for more than a few months!
m73z8g.jpg

As comparison, this is my previous plant.
141skgp.jpg

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this... A few leaves had these round circles, and it kind of looks like a disease. Does anyone know what they are?
2ptscvl.jpg

For those of you who don't know and is wondering what this thread is about, the miracle fruit plant is a small tropical shrub/tree that produces small red berries, that when eaten will make sour things taste sweet! Chew on a berry and then drink a cup of lemon juice. It tastes like lemonade, no tart whatsoever. :boogie:

There's a forum specifically for growing the plant, and I have a similar thread here: http://www.miracletaste.com/index.php/topic,276.0.html

I will succeed this time!

Back