What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Of Paradise

hello i just soaked my seeds in water and i have cut some of the seed 1 was fine but the other i just snipped the baby inside will this one make it or is it doomned ?

Plants

Any one lol ? this plant use to be popular

Plants

Okay,

I'll give this one a shot (and a boost).
Hard to tell without a pic or seeing it, but why not plant it anyway and see if it grows? They take forever to germinate sometimes, so you had best be patient.
If you were a local, I could send you a plant! I have a few in a huge pot, and have thought of trading them off. They usually bloom about once a year, if I feed them they do especially well.

As far as the seed goes, as I said, hard to say without seeing it. Generally, if the cotyledon is cut into, it is no problem, as it is just a big "food source" for the small plant. As long as the inner "plantlet" is still attached to at least one cotyledon and is itself undamaged, it should be fine.

c1-1seed.gif

Even if you did damage it, I would still try growing it, and just keep an eye out for it rotting, in which case dump it immediately.

Good luck, and find something to do while waiting for it to sprout! :-D

well i only snipped about 3mm off of the inside product so im sure it shouldent do too much harm :p

Plants

Back