Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Meyers Lemon tree bloom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Meyers Lemon tree bloom

Just thought I would share some of my recent blooming Meyers Lemon tree that I have in my living room. I am starting to see the beginning of my first lemon! (Bottom pic, under the blossom)

Enjoy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that's nice! I always like fruit trees inside... and citrus are nice little trees in a pot. Does it have thorns on it like a grapefruit too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No thorns on this lemon tree. My lime tree has MANY thorns though.

The smell of a lemon blossom in almost intoxicating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of light and conditions do you grow it in?....I've been thinking of getting one for a while but was unsure as to how well it would do inside here in NY state.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They would be no problem to grow here in NY Exo. Especially with your green thumb.

Light conditions - In front of the picture window where it receives direct morning sunlight and strong afternoon indirect light.

Growing Conditions- They are outside in the spring through fall in direct light on my front porch when no frost is even a remote threat. As soon as they frost, they drop all their leaves. (RIP my first blood orange tree on that lesson.)

Currently- Right next to my couch in the living room. (70 degrees, 50% humidity) Every morning I mist down the tree with distilled water with a pump sprayer. Once a month foliar feeding regimen consisting of Dyna Gro. (1/2 dose) Top dressed the top layer of soil every 3 months with a inch of earthworm castings to restore beneficials.

If you give them greenhouse conditions, you could throw some serious fruit. The greenhouse I got this one at had orange trees with over 20 fist sized oranges on them a piece growing in 4 gallon nursery buckets. As the same with all the different citrus trees in there. The downside was that they were about 85 dollars a piece. So I grabbed the little guys for 35 dollars. I had this one for 3 years now about 4 foot tall and starting to do its thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Plant Nerd View Post
    They would be no problem to grow here in NY Exo. Especially with your green thumb.

Light conditions - In front of the picture window where it receives direct morning sunlight and strong afternoon indirect light.

Growing Conditions- They are outside in the spring through fall in direct light on my front porch when no frost is even a remote threat. As soon as they frost, they drop all their leaves. (RIP my first blood orange tree on that lesson.)

Currently- Right next to my couch in the living room. (70 degrees, 50% humidity) Every morning I mist down the tree with distilled water with a pump sprayer. Once a month foliar feeding regimen consisting of Dyna Gro. (1/2 dose) Top dressed the top layer of soil every 3 months with a inch of earthworm castings to restore beneficials.

If you give them greenhouse conditions, you could throw some serious fruit. The greenhouse I got this one at had orange trees with over 20 fist sized oranges on them a piece growing in 4 gallon nursery buckets. As the same with all the different citrus trees in there. The downside was that they were about 85 dollars a piece. So I grabbed the little guys for 35 dollars. I had this one for 3 years now about 4 foot tall and starting to do its thing!
    Hmm..I think I will have to get one now...the only issue is that my winter humidity can drop as low as 20% on exceptionally cold days, due to the heating system. If it will tolerate that kind of humidity I can definitly give it a shot.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use natural gas forced air heating so my humidity dips low as well if I don't use a humidifier. That is why I mist in the morning before I head out the door for work. Even when I set them on my porch. I just keep the pump sprayer by it and hit it real quick as I walk by in the morning. That's all they need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great plant! For those who dont know, soft stem cuttings of this plant can be taken and rooted to share around with friends. Enjoy your lemons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast