What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone growing Amophalous titanium?

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Last time I looked these up on the Internet seeds and small corms were everywhere. Now they are not. I found 1, but it's rather large and pricey. Is anyone growing this monster? I'm kinda intrigued by it. Even though it will be a monster I kinda want one. Anyone have experience with them?

Wow thanks! Hope to find one one day.

I grew it well for a while, even made several growing points / plants so it could have been divided later as the corm got bigger but when it went dormant it died and never came back. I'm not blaming the plant, when it comes to plants who go dormant I always seem to screw something up and kill them no matter what advice I follow.

Wow some plants get picky. I have read that it is to be kept dry. Some say evenly moist. IDK what to do when it do find a small one at a good price.

When it was growing I had it in orchid bark and LFS more bark than LFS and it was fine that way but then when it went dormant I either kept it too dry or too wet and it never came back so I dug it up and it was mush. Same thing happens with A. konjac and basically anything that goes dormant into a bulb. Except boring old Asiatic garden Lillies, I can grow those outside without trying cos I guess I don't pay them any attention.... LOL

Proboards post said needed treating with fungicide before storage. Idk maybe the cold temps and heater dried it out too much. Lfs and bark don't hold much moisture. Maybe I will have luck. One day.

I see titanum everywhere. At the CSUF greenhouse, there must be 20+ plants that were grown from seed. If I had huge greenhouse, I'd grow this. But for now, I have to be happy with my konjac.
5944800056_39eb93762a_b.jpg

Don't have a Titanium but do have a number of Konjacs. You'll normally see the baby bulbs or plants in winter spring for sale. Check eBay.

Awesome I will check. I want to get one even though it may outgrow my GH. How cold can they get? If they can grow outside here in SC I might just do that too.

Back