What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amorphophallus very interesting plants

it stinks so bad that they had to shut down the greenhouse tours when the amor was blooming at the city conservatory. rotting corpse is the scent. and it gets worse as the flower progresses

it stinks so bad that they had to shut down the greenhouse tours when the amor was blooming at the city conservatory. rotting corpse is the scent. and it gets worse as the flower progresses

They only stink for 2-3 days. It's not a pretty smell but It's not that bad either IMHO. After 5 years I guess I'm just used to it.

Not that bad? i could smell it from outside of the greenhouse. Maybe you knose is burnt from 5 years hahaha

I want to get a pair of these and plant them by ny front door. Should keep the sales people away.

Here is my biggest Konjac. Taken Yesterday. A paper towel roll is for scale.

Amorph_Konjac3_2013_zps97cbff54.jpg

Holy crow!! That is a fantastic Konjac!! You must be so proud :)

nice plant! im really itching to grow a couple of these. do you grow that in that drip tray full time? no potting media? i don't know much about what these plants require

Jawn,
After the flower dies down I plant it in a well draining potting mix. This one will go in a approx. 20" pot.
During flowering they do not need to be in soil. As you can see.

So far this one is the only one to wake up. I have several other corms this size and some smaller ones still asleep. Fun plants!

Back