Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cremmy18 Picture Thread 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Pictures, More Carnivores :)

New Beaver Tail Opuntia from a swap a few days ago, looking a bit angry from the cold transport, but hoping will perk up!

Nepenthes "Momma" Miranda, cutting #2 has finally rooted several months later

Some of the nodes on Momma Miranda's longest branch

Nepenthes "momma" miranda has a new growth!

Miranda is finally maturing enough to "vine"!!

Some of the Tillandsia's I got for my boyfriend this christmas

Sauromatum venosum bulb I got in a trade a few months ago has a spike!

My newest large phal up close It makes me think of snow angels lol!

Various Nepenthes - plants and cuttings
    Check out my gardening journal and progress on MyFolia , my trade list at Google Docs and I look forward to learning and sharing plant knowledge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking The Sundew Sprout Movement

Thinning/Re-potting Pink Sundews and Capes today, all started from seed back on 8/20/12

This big guy is a ferocious lil guy..he's got snacks in most of his dewdrop fingers
    Check out my gardening journal and progress on MyFolia , my trade list at Google Docs and I look forward to learning and sharing plant knowledge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes "Lantern" Alata

Nepenthes maxima from Johnny has two new growths finally!!

Drosera - Cape sundew from seed

Nepenthes miranda cuttings (new!)

Nepenthes Miranda prior to March Pruning

Nepenthes Miranda after March 2013 Pruning (Currently has lots of new growth!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a very nice plants collection Cremmy18

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice plants, however, the "Lantern Alata" as they call it is actually N. 'Rebecca Soper', a cross of N. ramispina x ventricosa. I also have one, and the pitchers get so dark they're nearly black, while the leaves will take on a deep red.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    Nice plants, however, the "Lantern Alata" as they call it is actually N. 'Rebecca Soper', a cross of N. ramispina x ventricosa. I also have one, and the pitchers get so dark they're nearly black, while the leaves will take on a deep red.
    Thank you, Both!

As to your comment, HCarlton - Perhaps it is, I honestly am not 100% sure as it was a gift from an established CP nursery, and the tag it came with says "Nepenthes "Lantern" Alata"... I have been told by some of my gardening friends when I've posted purchases from Logee's that things have been mis-tagged (this isn't from there) so I know it is possible that these commercial places mix them up...but I just go by what the tag says until things are fully grown and people can help deduce which is correct lol! I also am a huge collector of NOIDs so it always makes the IDing process fun lol. I just don't have enough knowledge in the CP area to know which is which yet Thanks so much, I'll be looking up this "N. Rebecca Soper"! I do not think these have blackish pitchers though, as when I got it it was in "pitchering" stages and they were red...here's a pic in case you can recognize it as being the same as yours

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything looks great Lauren ! I'm glad that maxima is throwing out some basals for you. I'm sure it will be completely out of control before too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot, Johnny! I am very excited about all of the growths and can't wait for it to grow up hehe.

@HCarlton - Funny thing! I looked up the plant i received via the nursery website - they not have "Rebecca Soper?" next to the original name lol!! Appears you are correct, or at least everyone isn't really sure what the names are of the plants they get at the nurseries..they just rely on the person selling them... lol makes me feel all warm and tingly knowing the people who sell things don't truly know what they are :/ Thanks a lot again, learned a lot of new stuff from this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12