Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cremmy18 Picture Thread 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cremmy18 Picture Thread 2013

Hi all! Once my collection of CPs expands a bit more I hope to add a CP pic thread, however at this time I've been working on seed collections/swaps and exotic plants, succulents and just about everything else I can get my hands on lol! I love taking pictures and love sharing the beauty of the plants, so figured I'd start my own pic thread, as I only have over 4k pictures of them thus far...lmao! Enjoy, and feel free to message me or comment, I love learning and talking "plant" ! 90% of these pictures are recent as of the last 6 months and I'll be adding more as I can find time! Thanks again.

New Phal Orchid

String of Pearls, received via a swap in December

Lepismium Cruciforme, another swap goodie

String of Bananas Cuttings, from same trader as "string of pearls"

To Back/Left - Regular Jade, To Right/Front - Variegated Jade cutting, both from a swap

"Burrito" Sedum Morganianum, purchased from Logee's Greenhouses

My First Orbea variegata sprout!! From a swap from Greece <3

"Betty Myles Young" Passiflora, purchased blooming from Logee's Greenhouses <3

One of my NOID Swap glories in bloom (inside)

Indoor "Flying Disks" Morning Glory blooming indoors

Aristolochia "Peruviana" and Aristolochia gigantea "brasiliensis" both from Logee's Greenhouses

My amazing Xmas gift, created/built by my Dad, lighting compliments of my BF and loaded with plants by me :P

Dragon fruit "American Beauty" and "Guyute", both from an awesome swap for my First Nepenthes Miranda cutting!

More Phal Orchids <3
    Check out my gardening journal and progress on MyFolia , my trade list at Google Docs and I look forward to learning and sharing plant knowledge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice plants! but where are the carnivores? What kind of lights are you using in your grow rack? The bulbs look like typical light bulbs. If you are going to use CFLs make sure to use daylight bulbs they provide a better spectrum from my understanding. Ideally I would go with HO T5s though, but they can be a little pricey.
    Very cool setup your dad and bf must really love you to build that for you!
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good Lauren. I'm sure that set up will be full of carnivores in no time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, Thank you! I haven't had a ton of influx in the Carnivorous Plants department, I have about 8 of them...but I haven't gotten to the older pictures of those yet hence why i put this thread in "misc gardens" lol. My Miranda is doing splendidly, and my sarracenia areolata is being put into dormancy a bit late.. I'm hoping to add more pics of carnivorous plants though!! As to the comments on the lights, I do not deal quite so much with those as I should, however I'm told half are specifically for growing the plants..while the other half are normal bulbs. The BF did base the light "amounts" to those need for various plant stages. One day, I hope to make it a bit more "professional" As to my dad and BF loving me - that they do and I'm very lucky to have them both in my life <3
    Check out my gardening journal and progress on MyFolia , my trade list at Google Docs and I look forward to learning and sharing plant knowledge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol! Thank you, Johnny! I sure hope so, I love them but am still learning how to "not kill them" haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you have some Aristolochia there. I just bought another A.gigantea. The last one did great until I started growing it as a house plant. The combination of low light/low humidity is what I think did it in. Should do fine in the front room April through September, just going to have to throw it in the greenhouse for the winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, i have many random things that are said to do best in a full greenhouse or outside...but I like to test the fates and give things a shot lol It is good to know that how your trial went, I'll be sure to mist mine more often too. I hope they survive.. I'm working on getting a bigger pyramid trellis for them like my MGs have, but they're so hard to find at a decent price *sigh* I'm hoping that like my Morning glories that I've been told shouldn't survive indoors, that I can make it at least acceptable to them inside to stick around lol...if not, well I learned a fun lesson trying I have seeds for "white veined" aristolochia i recently planted, however we shall see if they pop up for me If they do, they will be my back up for when/if I kill these off!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few of the limited carnivore pics I have :/

Pink Sundew Sprouts - purchased seeds at ICPS convention in August 2012

Nepenthes "Lantern" Alata - Xmas gift, but purchased from Wellsprings Gardens I think..

My "Plant Closet", the "original greenhouse" lol, my sundew sprouts reside in here, along with a few other things

"Momma Miranda" Aka Nepenthes Miranda, purchased from The Umbrella Factory Nursery in RI, pitchers are going away Been with us since Labor Day though

Miranda cuttings back in October, traded away already

Goodies I went home with from the ICPS Convention in August 2012
    Last edited by Cremmy18; 01-15-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: added pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast