What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myrmephytum beccarii Seedling

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
I started 10 seeds about a month ago, and got 60% germination. However half of those petered out, possibly due to damping off. Two of the remaining seedlings are going strong, and a third seems to be developing, but much more slowly. Anyway here's the first seedling to shake off the seed husk and show its firstset of leaves:

Attachments

• mb.jpg
    mb.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 76
Hope they grow well for you. I have a couple antplant seedlings (a Hydnophytum and a Myrmecodia) but they are slooooooooooooooooow with regards to growth for me.

My third one is about 1/4 the size of the other two. The seller thinks the plant my seeds came from is a polyploid, because it grew much faster than the rest of the ones from the same batch of seed. I got a Myrmecodia from Andy's Orchids (tentative id is M. tuberosa) that has grown very quickly. I've had it less than a year and the caudex is close to double the size of when I got it, and it's put on at least a dozen new leaves. Seems like once they get a bit of size things progress more quickly.

Last edited:
Wow! I didn't know anyone other than A. Wistuba had Myrmephytum in cultivation. *drooling*
I hope they do well for you!

I'm already a member (Chris)! :) Great forum, very informative.

I have one from Wistuba. It's still tiny, of course. But it sounds like there are a bunch of Myrmephytum species people are working with that could be in cultivation within the next five years.

Back