Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bursera fagaroides

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bursera fagaroides

Just a quick pic of this little tree which is mine through the generosity of member aerogrower. Thanks again Ray, hope yours come up soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bursera fagaroides-bf-jpg  
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your sprouting secrets? I still have 2 good looking seeds and they haven't come up yet.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sanded one end of the seeds flat, then put them in my typical 50/50 peat/sand Sarr mix under typical soggy Sarr conditions for about a week, then let the media dry a bit to just lightly moist. Still only got 1 out of 3 though.............hopefully the others are pacing themselves.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plant did well for a while, then turned yellow and dropped the leaves. I let it stay dry for a month or so, then resumed watering a couple weeks ago:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bursera fagaroides-14336113056762042193515-jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Im going to try again soon. Also some more for a giveaway soon also.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really wish mine had come up....I'll remember to keep in mind your technique if I ever get a chance at these again. It's a fascinating plant....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bursera fagaroides-img_20150725_173007-jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing John im so jealous!! I will take a picture of my Bursera fagaroides tonight, it will give you an idea of what yours will look like in 20 - 25 years lol. I have found several times where I have changed the conditions the plant was in and if you make it mad it will drop all of its leaves in a matter of hours!! Then when it settles down they come back almost as quickly. Pretty cool. Hawken send me your address and I will drop a couple more in the mail for you to try.
    Bursera fagaroides-20141227_165729_20150728_075546-jpg
    Last edited by aerogrower; 07-28-2015 at 05:18 AM.