User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: It'll Be Tough Getting Rid of This One........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll Be Tough Getting Rid of This One........

As some here know, other than in my bog I never plant any plants not native to my area (SE PA) in the ground, unless it's something I like to eat. The removal of non natives planted by previous owners has been an ongoing project. I think this one will be the last to go, unless I can find a native which reliably blooms in early January! This is Jasminum nudiflorum, The Naked Jasmine, so named because it blooms on leafless stems:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It'll Be Tough Getting Rid of This One........-1420643033170570717779-jpg  
    Last edited by SubRosa; 01-07-2015 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Geography
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck. I am trying to kill that stuff in a flowerbed myself. Almost gotten it after 2 years, though. The only sprouts left are coming up directly in the middle of huge clumps of Liriope.

Not a shrub, but look at witchhazel =). Bloom time is different, but it's much more interesting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already have a witchhazel Kevin! It normally blooms about a month later for me, but still more than a month sooner than all the nasty Forsythias around here! Btw, I lost the first flush of those Dactylopsis to damping off, so I let the media dry completely and just started lightly misting it about a week ago. Two new ones so far, and if these ones die it will be from dessication!
    Last edited by SubRosa; 01-07-2015 at 08:37 AM.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.