The incident of having a couple of common Jade Plants survive outside last winter just outside Philadelphia got me interested in succulents, and a short while later I discovered this plant. It's very rare in the US, but fortunately my interest coincided with a seed order from
South Africa where the plant is native. I started the seeds and had germination within a couple days. Conversations with Kevin, known here as plantman suggested that the seedlings were very prone to damping off, and that's exactly what happened. A bit more research suggested that I had gone about it all wrong. I had sterilized my media by boiling, which naturally left me with damp media. This no doubt contributed to the fungal issues. Since only a small %of the seeds had germinated I decided to go the other way and let the media dry out for a couple weeks. I then started lightly misting the surface each morning, and now have several seedlings much further along in their development. I'm not comfortable with saying I have this knocked, but I will say that if these ones die it will be from dessication!