What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitchhikers

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
Wondering if anyone can id the ferny plant on the left and the tiny grassy plant in the foreground? And by someone I mean you, Mach, since the Disa they came in with is from you.

Attachments

• IMG_20150208_124053.jpg
    IMG_20150208_124053.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 62
Nephrolepis for the fern (guessing), and Sagina subulata for the little weed, which you do not want around your CPs.

Hmm, maybe the Sagina is what's killing off my U. bisquamata... I was wondering why such a weedy species was sulking in conditions that pickier plants were growing fine in.

I have Sagina subulata growing in a pot of Dactylorhiza fuchsii and Epipactis gigantea. Always thought it was sort of a pleasant little weed in there. I can see it viciously overgrowing CP's though.

I have S. subulata growing between pavers outside, but I guess growing in full sun keeps them more compact. Consider that they spread by rooting the tips of the leaves, I can see it being a real problem with Drosera.

Back