Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Subrosa's Outdoor Non-Bog Photo Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to post a pic of this now, even though it's still at least 2 weeks away from flowering. I just wish I could get a pic to begin to do justice to the fluorescent quality of the foliage, and to show the subtle tinge of orangey pink. Uh actually that's not entirely accurate. You all wish I could get a pic that did the plant justice. I have a pic filed away in my memory, others on my phone, plus I can just go out and look at the thing:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Subrosa's Outdoor Non-Bog Photo Thread-img_20150510_102229-jpg  
    Last edited by SubRosa; 05-12-2015 at 12:00 PM.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woodland Phlox, Phlox divaricata. Normal and alba varieties:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Subrosa's Outdoor Non-Bog Photo Thread-img_20150514_165812-jpg  
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very pretty. I couldn't help but notice the fencing in the background. I just put up the exact same thing haha. I made a circle to compost leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Very pretty. I couldn't help but notice the fencing in the background. I just put up the exact same thing haha. I made a circle to compost leaves.
    Mine is actually two rectangles, so I could run two compost piles. I did that for 5 years or so and realized that moving the pile every few years was an easy way to improve the heavy clay soil on my property. I'm just too lazy to take down the fence until it actually gets in the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I just made one large circular pile. Was inspired after watching this video on DIY leaf mould. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9OhxKlrWwc I think you'll enjoy watching this when you have some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Yeah I just made one large circular pile. Was inspired after watching this video on DIY leaf mould. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9OhxKlrWwc I think you'll enjoy watching this when you have some time.
    Definitely an interesting video, but I wish I had known about the talk before it happened. I'm about 20 minutes away from where he gave it..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, this one is still in a container, but is one of the few non natives that will go in the ground, this fall that is. Lonicera caerulea, the honeyberry or Haskap:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Subrosa's Outdoor Non-Bog Photo Thread-img_20150517_095548-jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flame Azalea, Rhododendron calendulaceum. Common enough in general, but here in PA it's considered extirpated. I'll put a mature specimen up against any shrub, from anywhere:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Subrosa's Outdoor Non-Bog Photo Thread-1432735955847-1517403702-jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast