Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aristolochia thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been searching for a A.Chilensis for ever!!
    So beautiful they look like little furry ears thanks for sharing makes me want one inn my collection even more though!! Lol

And congrats on ur mothers plant having its first bloom
    Last edited by KATastrophe; 08-14-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had A. chilensis seedlings a couple years back, but they never got very far....meanwhile, still working on finding a spot where my A. gigantea and cymbifera Gonzaga are happy...they're growing, but no big leaves or flowers just yet, just a lot of vine.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the A. gigantea bud this morning. Close to 6 inches, so I'm hoping for a big flower.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a neat plant. One of my favorite Aristos. The flowers, strangely enough, smell exactly like lemon Pine-Sol for a time. When crushed, they've got the traditional Aristolochia scent, but the flower itself isn't bad or rotting or anything.

We've got some A. gigantea blooms about to pop, and I'll have to make sure to bring the camera! And a recent development this year: I managed to find an A. gigantea 'Brasiliensis' at Dan Long's nursery. That's supposed to be significantly larger, with the lobes of the flower being longer and hanging like dumbo ears. It's about to bloom too, and prove that right or wrong. Stay tuned....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's funny, I always describe it as exactly like Lemon Pledge. Regardless, is probably the same artificial lemon scent. It is a pleasant scent coming from the flower.

Not all A. giganteas have the scent, one reason I'm really happy with this clone. I do have seedlings of A. gigantea brasiliensis, seeds from a grower in Israel. I'm still waiting for those to bloom.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to post this here when it opened a couple days ago. The flower is 6 to 6 1/2 inches, or on the small side for this clone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I actually think that an aristolochia was what led me to grow carnivores. Great thread, thanks for all the pictures

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12