I put this together a while back more as an experiment with propagating mosses than anything planned. I wasn't even sure if the method would work all that well. Basically, I just threw some clumps of about three different mosses into a food-processor with about an ounce of water and a dash of maxsea solution, then spooned the resulting goop over a media composed of approx. 1:1 sand / compost, which I then hand-placed bits of pine bark mulch into (again the mulch was more for looks, but I had noticed at least one of the mosses growing almost exclusively on topsoil made mostly of bits of bark.)
It's been kept in a shady spot in the Nepenthes tent, which means warm temps and generally high-humidity, and has been misted daily with occasional waterings to keep the soil moist. Can't find records right now of exactly when I set it up, but I'd guess it's just under 2 months along now.
Oh, and the container is just the bottom portion of a cheap plastic cake-holder.