Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sensitive plant croaking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey everybody

my sensitive plant was growing so well and all of a sudden its dying. i have it planted in a big pot with heavy dirt. heavy as in it packs fairly hard. should i have it in a more airy soil? also, it is very cold here. do they lose their leaves when it gets cold like other trees in autumn? what kind of fertilizer should i use for it? thank you very much for any advice

-josh
    through understanding of our differences, we will find respect for one another. we are all flesh and blood. i am not affraid to speak my mind. no matter the consequences, stay true to yourself. through the humble eyes of a child, we will realize true equality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

mimosa pudica is a tropical plant, so I very much doubt that it experiences cold temperatures in the winter. I don't grow any mimosa plants, but I have seen enought of them growing around here (I have a few in my back yard), and from what I've seen they grow mostly in sandy soil.

Jœl
    http://homepage.mac.com/mindmaze128/...lood forum.jpg
    Joel Martínez
    San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a tree growing in my yard and the soil is a suger sand dark beach sand. seeds pods drop all the time from it and i can't keep the things from germinating. with cold weather while i was up in the mountains i brought back a small seeding so they do go threw a cold period at times just depends on where they grow. the soil up there is a rocky/clay mix
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, agree with Joel.
    Mimosa grows wild here in Bali too and we have similar seasons to where Joel is as we too are tropical, so no winter.

You should grow it with your lowland Nepenthes.

Soil wise again I agree with Joel, there is a lot of clay here but the Mimosa I have seen have always been in more sandy areas.

Cheers, Troy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome, thank you everybody. i found another problem that is causing it to die. spider mites [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] those little buggers are killin my plant. ill get even!! warm, slightly soapy water works doesnt it?? well, thank you again everybody

-josh
    through understanding of our differences, we will find respect for one another. we are all flesh and blood. i am not affraid to speak my mind. no matter the consequences, stay true to yourself. through the humble eyes of a child, we will realize true equality.