What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone seen/have telegraph plant?

Hi y'all,

Saw an interesting blurb on Desmodium gyrans, the Telegraph plant. Does anyone have one? I was wondering how the movement is like vs. mimosa.

Wow,

interesting. I have a seed packet for that very plant right in front of me! I was going to post the same question; but will wait and see if anyone replies to yours.

The only instructions that came with the seeds was this:

"Soak seeds for 12 hours. Plant 1/2' deep in loamy soil. Keep warm and lightly moist. Provide bright light."

Sounds alot like the same advice for Sensitive plant. I've had good luck with them so far. I keep the potting soil moist but not wet, temperature has been around 72 degrees F.
Lighting has been from a double flourescent lamp for 16 hours a day. I just repotted them recently; too late I fear. I waited for three months. I would say repot after plant is about 4" tall or approx. 1 month.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck,
Gary
smile.gif

I am going to get this plant , what does it do that makes it special and do you have a pic of it and doing what it it is specialized for .

Nope, no pics...that's why I was askin'. Anyhow, I'm on vacation, so I'm on dial-up at home, so I guess someone else will have to do the leg-work
wink.gif

what exactly does this plant do that makes it interesting .

how does this plant move because my seeds germinitated i i have tried to stimulate it but its not moving .

Back