What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lucky bamboo

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
I was at work today and someone was complaining that her lucky bamboo was doing crappy. I came back half jokingly and told her to put it in miracle grow. Of course I got told by 2 other people that you can't do that. No prob heck I aint surprised I was only messin with her anyway but then I seriously suggested that maybe she might try some Superthrive. I have never tried it on it but heck if CPs can take it why not bamboo? Then I got told that that was wrong too
confused.gif
Ok is that true? cause I have a hard time believing that lucky bamboo is so sensitive that superthrive will kill it when mixed propperly.

One more thing I use rain water on mine just cause its convenient, but can they take regular tap water too? I guess I am too chicken to try.

i use tap water on my bamboo and it is still alive.
I have alot of bamboo!
Mike

I superthrived my mom's lucky bamboo
wink.gif

Didn't seem to hurt
biggrin.gif

I sometimes ise tapwater on mine. I remember that in regular household conditions, it didn't grow at all, but when I put it into my special growing room( temps in the 70's and humidity in the 60's with medium light) it actually started to grow. I even broke the thing once, and it developed new growth from a dormant node.

I added some SuperThrive to mine once. It greened the plants up nicely. I now need to add some more as the leaves are starting to yellow again.

Hi, I just wanted to say that I do Fertilize mine. I use "cactus Juice" at half strenght and it is doing wonderfully. Just remember to leech the growing media every 6 months or so.

Back