What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night blooming cereius type succulent

I got some kind of Night Blooming Cereus type plant. Not sure what the exact species is. But this opens up its gigantic flowers at night, and by morning, its withered. They smell great too!
smile.gif
These started to open around 6pm, and by 11pm it was fully open. Here's some pics, hope you like!

nbc1.jpg

nbc2.jpg

nbc3.jpg

nbc4.jpg

beautiful plant , but its not a night blooming cereus , its an orchid cactus thats grows on walls . anyways , i have night blooming cactus but its blooms are not as spectacular as epiphyllum

Very nice pics. I have a plant with buds now.

Goldtrap, so are you saying its an epiphyllum?

yep , its an epiphyllum , if you want a a real night blooming cactus i'll gladly trade you it for something .

That is most definately an Epiphyllum looks like an oxypetalum hybrid to me.

biggrin.gif

Nice pics, Larry!
smile.gif
They are just beautiful.

This has been posted before but I'll toss it back in.  My understanding is nightblooming cereus are often NOT that.  This was give to me by a neighbor as a nightblooming cereus.

cereuseventRS.jpg

No matter what they are, they produce a spectacular flower.  Mine start opening around 9-10 p.m. and take a couple of hrs to complete.

Suz

Back