What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Germination.

• Thread starter Neppie
  • Start date
I germinated rosa regusa seed! It is supposed to take a year, I did it in 4 months....autographs later...jk. I'm just really proud! What have you germinated lately?

I forgot to mention the nepenthes seed I germed! It grows sooo fast!

It was a mixed pack of seed, so I have no idea, sadly...

Congrats on the rugosa. Will you be growing them outside? I have not tried growing them in pots because they spread so readily.

Do you grow other roses? Other garden plants? Garden plants, I think, are the thing I'll fall back on if my cp and houseplants decide to die. Grow any bulbous plants (e.g., daffodils, tulips, etc.)? They're probably my favorite outdoor plants. cya

Chris

I'm into big rose growing, i have a few antiques and minitures, but that's bout it. I am VERY much so into Garden plants. It is where i started. If you ever want any garden plants or garden seeds, u can e-mail to see what i have. I love some of the bulbs! I grow them outside though. In the way of bulbs I have tulips, daffadils, glads, hyacinths, grape hyacinths, sib iris's, amaryllis, and spider lilies. I have extras, if u are interested.

Spring bulb flowers don't last too long and they are small.
sad.gif

I like oriental lillies, my favorite being 'stargazer'. They grow over 7ft for me every year with countless HUGE and heavily fragrant flowers. My whole front yard smells so strong that they give people allergies who don't normally have allergies! The flowers on these even beat out the scent of my jasmine and gardenia.
I also like Canna, Naked Lady Amaryllis and Calla lillies, but really only the ones that keep foliage year round.

Bulb fans! Cool! Right now, my favorite is probably Iris, Dutch and dwarf. Love the complex blooms! Neppie, I will keep your generous offer in mind. I, too, may have have some seeds to trade this year.

Chris

just germinated echium pinninana, 12ft high spikes!!!

I finally got around to my usual non-bulb experimentation: just seeded dianthus, phlox, forget-me-nots, various bachelor's button,balsam, aster, oriental poppy, coreopsis, and hollyhock. They're group planted in a large bed that already contains some of the more mundane spring bulbs.

Next, I'll be trying: portulaca in front of zinnia, gaillardia, Iceland poppy, shasta daisy, snapdragons, and annual and perennial mystery mixes.

Something already growing that I'm proud of is: a trellis with white moonflower, a climbing plant mix, and below that, four o' clocks, phlox, and miniature spring bulbs.

Next year, I may seed some wildflowers, plant naturalizing bulbs, and try a naturalistic bulb meadow out front.

We'll see how they do this close to the Atlantic!

Chris

Back