What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

giant bird of paradise seeds

I have a huge plant of "giant bird of paradise"- Strelitzia nicolai and I have seeds from it.
Thats a great plant and it grow in my garden for the last 25 years and started it from a seed.
If anyone like to have some seeds (I like to swap for CP plants or seeds) plese send me a msg.
Arie

Hi Arie,
these get to about 20 feet high dont they?

yes that true
they can get 20 feet tall
and has huge flowers white and blue in color
arie

Arie I have a white bird of paradise but it is only about 2 feet tall, how long will it be before it is flowering? I have read "5 years" but how big is a 5 year old BOP? Does it need a "trigger" to flower? do they flower more than once a year?

I've only seen photos of the flowers, it will be so cool to see em in person on my plant (...someday..)!
smile.gif

It could take about 7 years to flower then it would had new ones about twice a year.
Sorry but your plant need to go on growing to start flowers no extra trigger to my knowleage
arie

Back