What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with indoor plant

Hi y'all,

One of my coworkers here is trying to grow this indoor houseplant in the office. Recently, some of the leaves have developed brown spots and those have been falling off. Temps are about 72 degrees F, humidity 60%, 9ft from 4 florescent directly, and plenty of indirect florescents. No sunlight. Anyone have a clue what the problem is or any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

bush.jpg

leaf_closeup.jpg

I can tell you what the plant is, Schefflera arboricola.
As to the brown spotting im not sure on that one. They do appreceate a lot of light if you can provide it.
That plant loks a little under potted to me, they also like to be kept evenly moist and do not tolerate drying out.
FWIW
biggrin.gif

Thanks Khai!

Having the name really helps. I suspect that humidity drops are (ventilation turned off on weekends) causing some of the leaf drop, and the brown spots might be a fungal infection that tends to effect Schefflera specifically.

Back