Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuschia with whitefly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I have a Fuschia that I need to bring indoors, but I have been leaving it outside because I noticed whitefly larvae on it. (Again!) Would a 24 hour water dunk be enough to deal with this, or do I really have to buy a pesticide for it? Any safe "home" treatment would be prefered.

Thanks!

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mom uses "Houseplant and Garden Insect Spray" It is made from plants... Kinda and is completely safe indoors and out and greenhouses. It kills all stages of bugs. We also have major problems with white flies and thier larvae. It is also safe to pets. That's my two cents!
    \"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?\"

\"If vegans love animals so much, why do they eat all thier food?\" - Brandonk

Marshfield, MA (US) USDA zone 6 cold-temperate coastal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From http://es.epa.gov/techinfo/facts/safe-fs.html :

For gardens: In hardware stores, look for new brands of safer insecticides that use soap-and water solution to get rid of aphids, or pyrethrum for a number of applications. As more and more people understand the hazards of organic chemicals in the home, market pressure will encourage the introduction of safer products.

Also:

http://www.gardenersnet.com/spray.htm

Hope this helps!
    Chris Roy
    Eastern Massachusetts, United States

I have only made this letter rather long because I have not had time to make it shorter. - Blaise Pascal