Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I WANT ONE

Marshfield, MA (US) USDA zone 6 cold-temperate coastal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That link is REALLY bizarre, fatboy. Haven't any actual scientists tried to duplicate this guy's 'experiments', though? I would have to conduct such an 'experiment' myself before holding such a radical belief. I mean, telepathic plants? :shocked:

And I have heard of people talking to their plants to promote growth. Probably the only times I've 'said' anything to my plants is a nasty expletive after dropping them, 'yuck' seeing a sick one, or 'd_mn thing!' seeing I've killed another cinerarium. But people once didn't think playing music to cows increased milk production, so you never know. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Talking to plants...and I thought I had too much time on my hands.

But your observation in that Mimosa is interesting. Mine don't seem to do that, even on windowsills. In the summer there will be breezes hitting them through the window, so I may see some sort of swaying motion. Chris, you guessed the swaying motion may help their growth. I doubt this, but it reminded me of the quest to find out why pigeons (a.k.a. flying rats) sort of jerk their heads forward for every step they take. I don't remember the conclusion of the great debates this doubtless caused, but it may somehow help them propel themselves forward.
    Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey chris

im beginning to think my 'movement for growth' theory may be correct...

once the new branch was sprouted, it hasnt moved the way i described since...

ill wait and see if it starts doing it again when a new branch is ready to emerge...

pigeons bob their heads cuz they are listening to rap music....its true i swear

Marshfield, MA (US) USDA zone 6 cold-temperate coastal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think they're sort of trying to help a new leaf get pushed out? cool

Yes, I've noticed those tiny headphones pigeons wear, thought I was the only one who knew... [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you buy a mimosa???

No, see its not rap music. They are getting a better look around. For them, it is hard to see black cars to poop on, so they have to get a sweeping look at their surroundings, in order to find their prime targets...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are you talking about

#Moderation Mode

Moved here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12