What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lithops

I've had 6 lithops for about a year now. Do they need any special care? Recently one split open, and a new one is growing up from the inside. What do I do? Just leave it alone? Will the skin that split shrivel up and die, or is this how it reproduces? How often do they flower? Does anyone know where I can find helpful information about these plants?

um,
well I have 13, 2 very rare, and the rest I'm not sure on
confused.gif

I water them from the bottom, and let them soak for half a day. Only do this if it's bright and sunny so they can dry. Then 1.5-2 weeks later they can be watered again. As for flowering, It has to do with daylight (photoperiod), but to confirm details, do a search on google or yahoo. there is a lithops care sheet on this site, and it's pretty extensive. try looking back a little in this forum, there was some good info in: Lithops help ASAP! Just my $0.02
biggrin.gif

Thanx... I read the info in this site regarding lithops, and it is helpful. I purchased my guys in these mini 1.5" ceramic pots. Should I replant them? How do you know when it is time to replant? Are the tempermental when repotting?

I mentioned one guy split, and has new growth forming. Considering that it isn't fall, does that mean I am overwatering? and should I stop water that one plant until the split plant shrivels?

Thanx again

you probably should stop watering, just until it's done. I just consolodated fron 3 pots to one big(ger) one. If I were that good with digital cameras, i would post a pic.
confused.gif
 glad i helped
biggrin.gif
... well, the name hints...
wink.gif

Back