What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HollyHock

Does anyone know if hollyhocks are poisonous to humans? Can they cause reaction either by poison or allergen like severe rash and swelling?

never heard of anyone having any reactions......

Is there a possibility there could be any ill effects from keeping this plant indoors?

i keep my black hollyhock outside and they really don't like it out there so i moved it into the backyard into shade. i haven't has any ill affect from it being around me but i haven't taken a bite out of it eather. i just looked for the seed package and it does say
cleanin up fallen leaves and debris around plants help prevent hollyhock rust, a fungus diesease, from infecting plants the following year. may require shaking.
the rust you might be allergic to or the fungus

This is an outdoor plant which can survive several degrees of frost. Mind grow outside in a very exposed and windy Yorkshire garden and thrive! I would not recommend them indoors.

I never heard of them being poisonous
confused.gif

Back