What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylidium graminfolium

theres a website thats selling its seeds and i was wondering what it is and why it is so special , they call it a trigger plant so I'm thinking that when you trigger it it does somthing . I need info imediatly because my brother is about to waste his money or use it wise .

It probably shoots its pollen, or seed. Quite a few plants do this and they tend to be invasive weeds.
But im not fammiliar with that genus so I cant help you anymore than that.

Peace
biggrin.gif

Hey Goldtrap,

Hmmm...a forum search for trigger plants yielded this. It's not much, but if you check out the first topic you get to see some dorky posts by yours truly.
tounge.gif

Here are the results of a Google search for Stylidium graminifolium. Also, 'trigger plant'.

An image search found this for 'trigger plant'.

And for Stylidium graminifolium.

Good luck!

Id say get a Catasetum if your looking to see projectile flower parts.
They are wonderful to trick your friends with. Ohh man the faces Ive seen
wow.gif
tounge.gif
Not to mention they go dormant so you can ignore them to an even greater extent.
I think deciduous Orchids are really fascinating.

Peace
biggrin.gif

Ah, the trigger plant
smile.gif
I've seen this in action, and its pretty impressive. Its made to deposit pollen on insects. The insect lands on the trigger, then this piece of the flower whacks the insect, depositing its pollen. Pretty neat, definitely a conversation piece
wink.gif

i'd tell you the website but I believe you are not alowed to post other competitors . all i can say is that this website sells bare root plants and has a really , really , good selection of miscellaeneous plants such as amorphophallus and other stuff that would amzae for cheap prices .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe you are not allowed to post other competitors[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
You are not allowed to blatantly *advertise* PFT competitors. If someone posts something for the simple purpose of *informing us of a nursery's existence*, which is what you are reluctant to do, it is OK. So go right ahead.
smile.gif

ok , www.flytraps.com , all I have to say id that they have a wide variety of cps and non cps and seeds . I hope that was not advertising .

i finally got ahold of the seeds . now I need care intructions
what type of soil
how much light and water
what size pot for each plant
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?
confused.gif
?

Yes, anyone got any tips for germinating Stylidium seed? I have tried a few times with no luck.

my seeds germinated a while ago and i have a big question , how do i mkae my plant move . i tried the ways to make a mimosa move but it does'nt work and when they do move how do they move .

Here's a few seconds of video I took with my digital camera at the CSUF greenhouse.

Trigger Plant

You can see the trigger get stuck on the stick for a second...

thanks , but i accidently posted that i meant to ask that question about telegraph plants

Back