What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody here do bonsai?

I bought a bonsai from home depot about a week and a half ago and its growing some new things. just wanted to know if any of you do this?

crap, wrong section... can somebody move it?

I have some trees I work on.

I have a bonsai, and keep making attempts at seed raising for bonsai.
wink.gif

does the seeds have a genetic variation? i thought the seeds will grow like any other plant
confused.gif
. Zongyi

bonsai just means how you grow it. they are real trees but only small. i have no idea what kind of tree mine is.

I love bonsai!!  They look so neat!!  Here's a picture of my  favorite (it's not mine, i found it on the internet):

tvs8583.jpg

What kind is it??  Is it a juniper??

-buckeye

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (al885 @ Sep. 28 2003,7:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I bought a bonsai from home depot about a week and a half ago and its growing some new things. just wanted to know if any of you do this?

crap, wrong section... can somebody move it?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I grow bonsai!
I have 4  trees in pots, and about 10 in training in the ground..

what is the species of tree you got from home depot?
it is very important to know the exact type, because some are "indoors only" and will die if kept outdoors..and others are "outdoors only" and will die if kept indoors!
can you post a photo?

and..just for future reference..please dont buy another tree from Home Depot!
tounge.gif

(or lowes, or kmart, or walmart, or target, or those holiday bonsai vendors at the mall..etc.)

your tree is probably perfectly fine! in fact, you probably saved its life..but in general, "bonsai" at stores like that are of very low quality, and severely inflated price..
and there is a whole well-known internet uproar over those mall vendors..more to follow!

here are a few old pics of my trees..need to update that page again!
http://www.geocities.com/scottychaos/bonsaipage.htm
Scot

bonsai.jpg
this is mine, before i pruned it and stuff

cool!
that is a schefflera, a tropical houseplant.
making it definately a "indoor bonsai"
it needs to stay inside all winter, can stay indoors year-round, does not need or go dormant,
and can be treated the same as any other houseplant.
very easy to care for really!
good choice for a first bonsai..

Scot

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scottychaos @ Oct. 05 2003,6:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cool!
that is a schefflera, a tropical houseplant.
making it definately a "indoor bonsai"
it needs to stay inside all winter, can stay indoors year-round, does not need or go dormant,
and can be treated the same as any other houseplant.
very easy to care for really!
good choice for a first bonsai..

Scot[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Ah thats good. I just bought it because it looked cool. Im glad it can stay inside because its a nice looking plant

Back