What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dracaena massangeana/corn plant

I've been doing a buncha searching online because my mom's two plants, which we've had for like 15+ years, is fLoWeRinG! At first I was thinking that they were sexed like nepenthes because it was a spike...and they were slimy and icky.
But one day our dining room smelled nice and there seems to be the 'normal/typical' flowers with the anthers and stamen...so I'm gUesSing its not a sexed plant/

I had no idea what kind of plant it was, but I found some pictures and it looks just like a Dracaena massangeana. So I was just wondering if anyone knows about pollination, because I couldn't find anything on that.
Do they self-pollinate or should i manually do that?
Are the seeds hard to grow, or even worth trying?...
Thanks for any help =]

dioecious (alt. diecious)
Unisexual, with male and female flowers on separate plants.

monoecious (alt. monoicous)
Having stamens and pistils in separate flowers on the same plant.

As for pollenation I think its pretty straight foward(Pollen from stamen on to Pistil) and needs no further explanation. Certainly not when were talking about a waste of space Dracaena.

Back