What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poinsttias

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Has anyone ever re-bloomed a poinsettia? I am trying to this year and was wondering if anyone has successfully re-bloomed one. If so what was your Light/Darkness ratio? I have been using a 8hrLight/16hrDarkness ratio.

what i hear is that you can put them in a dark area every night for about 14 hours or less
and it will either bloom or bloom better but i think that info is a pile of melakee , i have a plant taller then me and it had bloomed in any condition .

I might try that next year. And, by the way how tall ARE you?
rock.gif
wink.gif

Yep, around here in southern california pointsettas can be planted outside and grow into a tallish bush type of plant. My guess is if you mimick natural lighting conditions you should do great! My neighbor has one that's been in the ground for almost 2 years now - it's about 5'.

i'm 5'9" wesly and my plant is about 6'5" . my friends plant looks much better and it is 8 feet tall .

Wow that is tall.

Back