What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hymenocallis

Anyone out there growing this Amaryllis relative? I have seen a lot of flowers in my day, but my bulbs just flowered and I am totally blown away by them. WOW!!! They are amazing in form, the large fragarant blossoms are held above nice green strap shaped leaves growing from the exposed top of the bulb. The perfume is unique and delightful...haunting comes to mind! I an growing 2 forms thanks to PAK who nabbed the bulbs for me. The one that just opened its flowers is Sulfer Queen. If you love showy flowers, this is a knockout for pot culture. Thanks PAK, but now I am all out to find more forms, I have been bitten with flower lust! I always knew I would groove on these plants!!! The third flower opened this evening, and there are 2 more to follow!

so... your leaving?

Can you post a pic of them William?
I like all things Peruvian. Their Pisco liquor is great and they make the best ceviche in the world. Their marinated flank steak is outta' sight.

Rats, I can't post any photo's since I am without webspace. Sorry. Photo's really don't do the flowers justice, for that, you need your nose!

The flowers don't appear to be very long lived, but they are all the more appreciable for the short time they are open. My first flowers are beginning to fade. If you have ever grown the Hippestrums (sold around Christmas as Amaryllis) they last about that long.

We gotta find you web space! Your photos are always so nice.

Mine are putting up lots of leaves and I hope to soon see a bud. I can't wait! These bulbs I found were HUGE...so the flowers should be quite nice.

I want to see your photos of them.
smile_h_32.gif

Hey,william try the green\cream varigated aquatic type,I`ve seen pics of them,and saw a few at the lps, and they are very beutiful and I hear there easy.

I have some seedlings just germinated...

My last bulbs are flowering now. They aren't long lived like orchids, but they are just amazing flowers. During the day they have a nice perfume, but after sunset they fill the room with it.

Back