What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this rope strangling our tree?

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cut grow
G

And so far so good.. I was going to post this in the original thread but since it's locked....
I carefully cut the rope with a razor and the used pliers to pull it off the tree. I was pleasantly surprised to find that bark was still in tact behind the rope and only just started to grow into it.
The tree is doing fine so far. My only concern is about that being a weak spot from now on.

smile.gif
glad to hear that

Oh well i loose
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bonnie @ Sep. 21 2004,1:19)]And so far so good.. I was going to post this in the original thread but since it's locked....
I carefully cut the rope with a razor and the used pliers to pull it off the tree. I was pleasantly surprised to find that bark was still in tact behind the rope and only just started to grow into it.
The tree is doing fine so far. My only concern is about that being a weak spot from now on.
Oh well it was a fun debate. Glad the tree is doing well. If it dies just plant another one. What I have learned from the whole mess is if the rope can be removed without harming the tree then go ahead remove it.However if it is absorbed into the tree leave it.

Wheres the pic then Bonnie?
smile_m_32.gif

I haven't been able to get over there during daylight hours (which are decreasing rapidly) I'll try to post a pic soon lol

better get there soon... going to be perpetual darkness up there soon!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back