What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tropical aristolochia overwintering

Winter is on the way, so I dug up my Aristolochia littoralis [= elegans]
and A. fimbriata today and put them in pots. I grew both from seeds (off eBay). Last winter they were still small and I just placed their pots in a cool greenhouse. This past summer was the first time I planted them out in the yard. The littoralis has many seed pods that are still green so I put it in my greenhouse. I assume the pods will continue to ripen. Should I then put it in a cool spot? Should the vine be cut back to the "hard wood" or the ground? I had to cut the fimbriata back as it was to tangled to get out of the other vegetation. I was surprised that it had a large very thick tuber. Can I just store these tubers until spring or does it need to keep growing? What other Aristolochia you growing? Can these be rooted from cuttings? By the way, I am in zone 7 (Texas).

Back