What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dracaena

i bought a dracaena. i dont know what type it is but the leaves have started to turn brown/black. jsut a couple of "whole" leaves right know and many spots near the center of the plant. whats going on, please help?

thanks

Brad

Is that a genus of orchid? If so treat it like a Nepenthes. Oh you may have a fungi, disease or root rot.

I have a dracaena that I rescued from the alley about 2 years ago. it was all burned and dried up looking and the pot overgrown with weeds, etc. Anyway, I keep it in the shade and keep the soil moist.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is that a genus of orchid?
It's a cane type of plant. They grow like a cane, with the leaves growing out of the top. Over time they get taller and taller. they are easy to propogate too. Just chop off the cane and you get a new plant. Chop the cane up into pieces and stick them in the soil and you got more new plants.

could to much or too little light do this? could it be my water?

thanks

BRad

I doubt it is the water. I water mine with tap water. And the tap water is so bad here that nobody drinks it. Too much direct sunlight will cause it, I have mine in the shade and it is real happy there. It would be a good houseplant.

Could you propagate RedEdge the way yu described? I have one of those. Also a TriColor. I love them.

If so, how long would it take for the "new cane" to grow a top?

Back