What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion and Requests Here -- Bids ONLY in the Auction Threads, Please!

Bid away Canadians :D. I will try to get around to editing my seed auctions today to reflect that I will ship to Canada.

I don't mind shipping seeds to Canada. I would have to add a stipulation though. If customs did decided to trash the seeds, I couldn't be held responsible.
This seems totally fair, and I know most buyers would be willing to put the risk on them vs the seller.

Just to make sure that I understand, I would just need to declare them and label them properly, that's it?
If I understand Nan, then you are correct as long as the seeds are not CITES. I've had seed packages opened by customs and its good to have the seeds in a clear or opaque baggie so that they dont need to open that as well. Just something to note.

Edit:

Oops posted at the same time, thanks Crissytal and thez!

Yay! Thanks Crissytal and Zu!

I just looked on the CITES site. It's looking like there are no Drosera protected by CITES.

http://www.cites.org/eng/resources/species.html

Is there a maximum for the amount of seeds of one species that can be shipped? I ask because I usually send more seeds than is listed.

The clear baggie is a good suggestion. I will omit the wax paper envelopes.

No problem Peat :).

I believe Peat quoted 500g or less before a permit is needed in Canada. I would think the US is similar and even if it is much much less (say 50g) I don't think you could find enough Drosera seeds to pass the limit haha.

Ah thank you! I managed to miss it when I went back through this thread :blush:.

hey any one gonna throw any amps into the auction? i know there are lots of seedlings out there! dont you hold out on me!

IF YOU WIN AN AUCTION: Winner is high bidder at auction close at 10 p.m. EDST, May 5th, 2012. Winner should contact the lister/donor within three days to make shipping arrangements. Payment for the ITEM WON will go directly to Sheila Stewart, Treasurer for NASC (see payment methods and address above); please do NOT send ITEM payment to the seller! But DO remit any shipping fees directly to the seller. Once Sheila has received payment for an item, she will notify the donor (and copy the bidder) that s/he can ship the item; the donor should have received shipping fees by this time. Donor has 14 days to ship the item once NASC has received payment.
Found this typo in the auction rules section.

Hi, all!

So, just as we did last year, we've provided a quick snapshot at the half way point: http://eepurl.com/xNjYH
We provide you with an update, offering a recap thus far and a few deals (10 items still under $10 even though there are more than that) and list all of items that have not yet received any bids (go give them a hug with your bids if you can).

Cheers! And thanks for your generous donations and bids. Everyone here is awesome. :-D

Would love to see some Byblis Liniflora show up on the auction block. Please and thank you.

Tony just posted seeds for the coolest tuberous Drosera I have ever seen...

I was planning to offer a section of my N. jamban vine. However, while preparing pics for the thread, I discovered what appears to be a flower stalk coming out of the newest leaf - so it looks like the jamban will be out of bounds for a while - sorry.

Can someone explain how to make a customs declaration? And should I use a first class mailer to ship to Canada?

they will hand you the forms at the counter, you will have to declare what is in the package, how much its worth.... who its to, who its from

its no big deal, especially when shipping to Canada...

Last edited:
Send it either as First Class International Letter, Flat or Parcel. Depends on the size of the envelope or parcel. Bubble pack envelopes are classified as parcels. You can look up online what the size and weight limits are for each (letter, flats 'Large Envelopes' or parcels). First Class International letters start at $1.10, flats around $2.25, parcels at about $6.55. Varies by destination, size and weight.

Can someone tell me who to contact to give me access for posting images? I've been having trouble with this site for a week and a half now. Kitkor helped me with obtaining access to place bids earlier this week after several days of futile searching for an answer. I guess it was a problem that the admin was able to fix on my posting permissions. I now discovered that I do not have permission to post attachments. I've tried both guest posting and member posting of both images and to a URL but to no avail. I know he's (Kitkor) busy so I didn't want to bother him directly again.

At this late a date is it still even worthwhile to donate something (non-CP item - an 11 lb. Amorphophallus konjac corm that I'll pay shipping on)? How much exposure would it get before tomorrow night? This is the first time I've tried to contribute to a cause such as this and wanted to try to help if possible. Never had so much trouble trying to give somebody my money or something to make money on......... :) Thanks!

Hey there! No worries, e-mail away. Go ahead and post the thread if you still would like to donate the item. It is a bit late but a lot of posting activity goes on at the last hour before the auction closes. People want to make sure they get their items. If you want to make sure your contribution goes for a sufficient price, you can always start the bidding high, maybe just below where you might expect it to sell for.

So if you're still game, e-mail me the image, post your item, and I can host the image and post it for you. No worries. We'll get it figured out for you!

Back